Bryant Furnace Error Codes
|CONTINUOUS OFF||Check for 115 VAC at L1 &L2, & 24VAC at SEC-1 & SEC-2|
|CONTINUOS ON||CONTROL HAS 24VAC POWER.|
|RAPID FLASHING||LINE VOLTAGE (115VAC) POLARITY REVERSED OR FURNACE NOT GROUNDED|
BRYANT ERROR CODE 11
BRYANT ERROR CODE 12
Blower runs for 90 seconds, if unit is powered up during a call for heat (R-w/w1 closed) or (R-w/w1) opens during blower on delay period.
BRYANT ERROR CODE 13
Lockout occurs if a limit or flame rollout switch is open longer than 3 minutes or 10 successive limit tips occurred during high-heat.
BRYANT ERROR CODE 14
Control will auto-reset after 3 hours.
BRYANT ERROR CODE 21
Control will NOT auto reset after 3 hours.
BRYANT ERROR CODE 22
Flame is proved while gas valve is de-energized. Inducer will run until fault is cleared.
Leaky Gas Valve
Stuck open gas valve
BRYANT ERROR CODE 23
Check for: –
Obstructed pressure tubing -Pressure switch stuck closed
BRYANT ERROR CODE 24
Check for: –
- Short circuit in secondary voltage(24VAC) wiring.
BRYANT ERROR CODE 25
Eiher indicates the model plug (PL4) is missing or incorrect or setup switch “SW1-1” or “SW1=6” is positioned improperly. If code flashes only 4 times on power-up control is defaulting to model selection stored in memory.
Check the following:
- Thermostat call with “SW-1” ON
- Thermostat call with “SW-6” ON
- “SW1-1” and “SW1-6” both ON together
- Two different furnace models twinned
- Wiring diagram for model plug number and resistance values if code flashes continuously
BRYANT ERROR CODE 31
Indicates the high heat pressure switch input failed to close on a call for high-heat, or opened during high-heat. HPSR relay may be defective. Refer to status code#32
BRYANT ERROR CODE 32
Indicates the low-heat pressure switch input failed to close on a call fcr low-heat, or opened during low-heat. If opens during 5 minutes alter ignition the next heating cycle will be restricted to high-heat.
- Proper vent sizing
- Improper pressure switch wiring – Restricted combustion air supply
- Plugged condensate drain – Excessive wind -Low inlet gas pressure (if LGPS used)
- Disconnected or obstructed pressure tubing • Water in vent piping. possible sagging pipe
- Failed or ‘Out-of-Calibration’ pressure switches
BRYANT ERROR CODE 33
Indicates a limit or flame rollout, is open or the furnace is operating in high-heat only mode due to 2 successive low heat limit trips. Blower will run for 4 minutes or until open switch remakes whichever is longer. If open longer than 3 minutes, code changes to lockout #13. If open less than 3 minutes status code #33 continues to flash until blower shuts off.
Flame rollout switch requires manual reset.
- Improper limit switch or no limit gasket
- Defective switch or connections
- Improper low or high-heat gas input adjustment – Loose blower wheel
- Stuck high-heat solenoid in gas valve
BRYANT ERROR CODE 34
– Control will try three more times before lockout 414 occurs. If flame signal lost during blower on-delay period: blower will come on for the selected blower off-delay. Check for:
- Oxide buildup on flame sensor (clean with tune steel wool) Manual valve shut-0g -Control ground continuity
- Proper flame sense microamps (.5 microamps D.C. min.. 4.0 – 6.0 nominal) Gas valve defective turned ‘OFF’
- Low inlet gas pressure – Inadequate flame carryover or rough ignition – Defective Hol Surface Ignitor
- Flame sensor must not be grounded
- Green/yellow wire MUST be connected to furnace sheet metal
BRYANT ERROR CODE 43
- Plugged condensate drain – low inlet gas pressure (if LGPS used) – Improper pressure switch wiring
- Water in vent piping, possibly sagging pipe – Stuck open low-heat pressure switch
- Disconnected or obstructed pressure tubing
BRYANT ERROR CODE 45
- Auto-reset after 1 hour lockout due to;
- Gas valve relay contact stuck open – Flame sense circuit failure Software check error
Reset power to clear lockout. Replace control if status code repeals.